Theo Chocolate, Inc., a Washington corporation (“Theo Chocolate”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) respects your privacy and makes efforts to ensure the safekeeping of information you submit to us. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) describes the types of information Theo Chocolate may collect from you (“you”), that you may provide to us when using websites we create and maintain (Websites), or other services, such as our retail locations, classes, tours, etc. (Services). This Notice describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing such information.
By accessing or using our Websites and Services, you agree to this Notice. If you do not agree with the terms of this Notice, we encourage you to not use the Websites or Services or provide information to us. This Notice may change from over time, and we will post such changes on the Websites. Your continued use of the Websites after any revisions we make to this Notice are posted on the Websites constitutes your acceptance and agreement to those changes, so please check the Websites periodically for updates.
Information We Collect
We may collect information from and about you when you provide the information directly to us as well as when you utilize our Websites or Services. You may provide and we may collect information from you as a current or prospective customer, a visitor or other user of one or more of our Websites or Services.
Personal Information: The information you provide, and we collect, varies depending on the interaction and may include identity, location, contact, demographic and behavioral data. A non-exclusive list of examples includes:
- Name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Login/password for your customer access account.
- Payment and shipping information.
- Birth month & day.
- Social media username.
Most often, we collect information when you make a purchase from our Website(s) and Services. Other interactions that result in this data collection include when you:
- Subscribe to receive recipes and/or promotional emails.
- Complete and submit forms such as when you register an account, sign up for a virtual class, book a tour, or apply for an employment position.
- Contact us for other reasons, such as inquiries, comments or complaints.
Other Information: We, or our service provider(s), may also collect analytic data to maintain the high quality and service of Websites and Services using automated means such as cookies, server logs, web beacons, pixel tags, etc. The collected analytic data may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Country, state/province or city or other non-specific location data.
- Short-term cookies such as session ID’s.
- The page(s) you visited and visit duration.
- Search terms you used.
- Web browser, operating system and/or mobile device you used during your visit.
- The link that referred/brought you to our Websites or Services generally.
Theo Chocolate uses Google Analytics, a third-party measurement software, to gather and compile some of the Other Information listed above. Google Analytics does not collect, track or have access to personal information provided by you at this website.
To find out more about Google Analytics, its technology, or its Privacy Notice(s), please visit http://www.google.com/analytics.
For Google Analytics opt-out alternatives, please visit http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/opting_out.aspx.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include “cookies”, small files placed on your browsing device.
1st Party Cookies
We utilize first party cookies (restricted to our website domains) in order to make our sites user-friendly. For example, cookies help remember what you place in your cart or what pages you mark as favorites. You may be able to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access or view certain parts of our Websites. For more information on cookies and deletion of cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
3rd Party Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser. When you turn on the Do Not Track signal, your browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track you. For information about Do Not Track, visit http://ww.allaboutdnt.org. Theo Chocolate does not track its users over time and across different websites; therefore, we do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
In addition, we may use other standard Internet technologies such as pixel tags, web beacons, and other similar technologies, that track Website visitors. Those tools may be used by us and by third parties to collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information provided by or collected from you, including any Personal Information to:
- Make the Websites and Services available to you, including digital advertising;
- Provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us;
- Comply with applicable law;
- Notify you about your account, or changes to the Services we offer or provide through it;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide, or we receive the information; and
- Improve the Websites, our products, and the Services.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information that we collect, or you provide, only within the limits of the purposes described in this Notice:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or we receive it with authorization. For example, if you give us an email address so we can provide you more information about the Websites or our Services, we will use that email address or that social media credential to provide the requested information to you.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business (“Service Providers”) who are by agreements and/or contractual obligations to keep your Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of all or substantially all of Theo Chocolate’s assets or equity interests, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- For any other purpose we disclose at the time you provide Personal Information.
- With your explicit consent.
There may be additional circumstances under which we may also disclose your Personal Information, such as:
- To comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including government or regulatory requests.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Theo Chocolate or its affiliates, customers, or others.
We may disclose aggregated information that does not identify an individual to third parties to help us improve the Websites and Services or for other commercially valid purposes.
Your Choices and Opting Out
We may periodically send you email messages and/or text messages describing information, updates, or promotional offers related to the Websites, our products, or our Services. You can “opt-out” of receiving communications from us at any time by following the included instructions and we will make the requested changes. Whether you opt out of receiving promotional communications or not, Theo Chocolate reserves the right to email or otherwise contact you with respect to important information, important notices, or important changes relating to our products and Services.
Your Rights to Request Access, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
Numerous state and national laws provide specific rights to place requests to review the types and details of Personal Information we have collected, including categories of the data by source, by business purpose and for those parties with whom we may have shared it. Theo Chocolate extends those rights to all its customers, regardless of their location.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into your account with us; or, by sending a request by email to email@example.com to review, correct or delete any of your Personal Information in our possession. Please bear in mind that we may not be able to accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, we may retain some information as needed for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
All requests for access, correction or deletion require us to protect the rights of the requester and others through an identity verification process by collecting and/or verifying personal information such as name, postal and email address and/or transaction history.
Opt-Out of Sale
Theo does not sell or otherwise gain compensation from sharing your Personal Information. If we should change our policy, you have a right to direct us not to sell your Personal Information.
No Discrimination for Exercising Rights
We do not discriminate against you for exercising any rights such as the access and deletion rights described above under state law such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at 3400 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103.
Sadly, electronic information transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure, including the Internet, email and device storage. We deploy commercially reasonable industry security practices to protect your Personal Information but cannot guarantee its security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You acknowledge and agree that you are providing, or allow us to gather, your Personal Information to us at your own risk. We are not responsible for others’ failure or circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we may have in place to protect your Personal Information.
We process and retain data for our legitimate business uses as well as in accordance with our legal obligations. We will store your collected Personal Information for as long as necessary for the purpose the information was collected or that you may request.
Children Under the Age of 13
Here at Theo Chocolate, we know that protecting children’s privacy is especially important. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Our Websites are not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use the Websites, the Services, or provide any information to Theo Chocolate through the Websites. If we learn that Personal Information of a child under the age of 13 is collected without verifying parental consent, we will delete that information from our systems. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
To ask questions or comment about this Notice and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org