Bake a cool holiday classic from the comfort of your home.
We’ve put a winter twist on our famous brownie recipe. This incredibly simple recipe will amaze you with the flavor and silky texture achieved with so few ingredients. And topped with crushed candy canes, this treat will be the perfect dessert to indulge in this holiday season.
- 4 bars of Theo Peppermint Crunch 70% Dark chocolate, chopped and divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 peppermint candy canes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Instructions (makes 16 brownies):
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving a small overhang to facilitate removing the finished brownies. Butter the lining or spray it with nonstick cooking spray, and set the pan aside.
- Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate in a double boiler along with the sugars and butter, stirring occasionally, and set aside to cool slightly. Sift the flour and salt together into a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs into the warm chocolate mixture one at a time until thoroughly combined, then whisk in the vanilla. Gently stir in the dry ingredients in two batches, then stir in the remaining 4 ounces chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with crushed candy canes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached, but not wet with raw batter.
- Cool completely then sprinkle on powdered sugar to the top of the brownies before cutting. These are also delicious served chilled. Enjoy!