Adding a little sweetness to your grilled cheese sandwich can work wonders.
We all love a classic grilled cheese sandwich, right? And obviously we all love chocolate. So why not put those two favorites together? In today's video, Aaron, our Chocolate Ambassador, will show you how to make the perfect chocolate grilled cheese.
2 slices of brioche bread
Sharp cheddar cheese, sliced, plus some for grating
¼ of a Theo Pure 70% Dark Chocolate Bar (2 squares)
Jam (we use Fig Jam, but choose your favorite)
- Slice your bread. Be sure not to slice the bread too thick; thin slices will help the cheese melt.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice.
- Place a small amount of butter in your pan (preferably non-stick) and set the burner to a medium heat.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, butter side down.
- Layer cheese on the bread until the entire slice is covered.
- Break up your chocolate into tiny pieces and place over the cheese. You don't want to add too much; breaking up 2 of the 8 squares in a Theo bar should be perfect.
- Place the other slice of bread on top (butter side up) and let cook. Placing a lid on your pan will help, but isn't necessary.
8. Once the bottom slice looks golden brown, flip the sandwich and cook the other side.
9. When both sides are golden, use your cheese grater to shred some cheese on your top slice. once you have a light layer of cheese on top, flip your sandwich once more. Let the sandwich sit on the burner for 10-15 seconds to create a light crust of cheese on the top slice.
10. Take your sandwich off the plan and spread a very thin layer of jam on top.