An autumn treat with a Halloween twist: caramel popcorn with a dark chocolate drizzle and sprinkles.
Cozy weather calls for sweet and buttery treats. And since Halloween is looking a little different this year, we wanted to bring you a homemade treat that the kids will love.
- 1 cup popcorn kernels or 1 microwave popcorn bag
- 1 (14 oz.) package Caramel Candies, unwrapped
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 10 popsicle sticks
- 6 ounces of Theo 70% Dark Chocolate, chopped
- Pop the popcorn and set aside in a large bowl (we prefer stovetop-made popcorn but microwave popcorn will work, too).
- Put the caramel candies and butter in a medium-sized saucepan; cook over medium-low heat and stir until smooth. This will take several minutes. Then remove from heat and pour over popcorn, mixing quickly until well coated. Let stand for a couple of minutes to cool.
- Grease your hands with butter and shape the popcorn into a ball about the size of your fist. Depending on the sizes of your popcorn balls, you should be able to make 6 balls. Stick a popsicle stick in each popcorn ball. If the stick doesn’t stay in, then coat the top with a little caramel and try again.
- Melt your chocolate chunks by using the double broiler method (learn how with our YouTube video on the double broiler method).
- Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate all over one popcorn ball and then quickly add sprinkles. Repeat until all the popcorn balls are decorated. Set aside for 10 minutes to dry. Enjoy!