We are looking forward to warm, ooey-gooey baked treats as we head into cooler weather, but we are still holding on to one of our favorite parts of summer: s’mores!
Ingredients for Cookie Batter Base:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (unsalted)
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 finely chopped graham crackers (chopped to flour like consistency; 1 1/2 - 2 sheets of crackers)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Ingredients for Toppings:
- 2, 3oz Theo Chocolate 85% Dark Chocolate bars
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 6” cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, egg, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend together with a hand mixer or wooden spoon until combined.
- Add in your graham cracker ‘flour’, baking soda, salt, and stir until just combined. Batter will be very thick.
- Spread half of the cookie batter in the cast iron skillet, using your hands to press into an even layer. Top with a layer of Theo Chocolate bars (~1½ bars)
- Cover with the remaining half of the cookie batter. I found it easiest to make into a large / flat patty, and then gently flattened with my hands
- Top with mini marshmallows and extra ½ bar of chopped chocolate.
- Move to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until marshmallows and edges are browned and have started to pull away from the sides. A toothpick inserted in the side should also come out mostly clean, but it does not need to be totally crumb-free or clean as you don’t want to overbake this skillet! Bake for 40 minutes if you prefer a fudgier cookie.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm. Enjoy!