A classic cookie, reimagined.
“Just 8 ingredients for these gluten free Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars that are fudgy, ooey-gooey perfection and made with my favorite milk chocolate from Theo Chocolate. I love that theirs has a higher cocoa percentage (45%) than conventional milk chocolate (10-20%) which means more chocolate flavor, but still all the creamy deliciousness you’re used to in milk chocolate.”
- 1¼ cup natural almond butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Theo Pure Milk 45% Chocolate bar, rough chopped (divided)
1. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir together until smooth.
3. Add in rolled oats, baking soda, and salt. Stir together with a wooden spoon until evently combined. Add in 1/2 of the chopped chocolate bar and stir again.
4. Add cookie dough to the parchment-lined 8x8 pan and spread in an even layer with a spatula. Top with remaining half of chopped chocolate.
5. Move to the oven and bake at 350F for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown on top and edges have started to pull away from sides. You want to make sure not to overbake these for a gooey texture!
6. Let cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into 9 slices. Enjoy!