The ultimate holiday treat.
Decadent 5-ingredient truffles with a crunchy crushed hazlenut exterior and a melt in your mouth center.
Theo Nutcracker Brittle 55% Dark Chocolate bars are made with hazelnuts and sweet brittle pieces in organic, fair trade dark chocolate, making it the perfect ingredient for these delectable treats. Created by Marley, of Marley's Menu, these easy-to-make Nutcracker Brittle Truffles will bring some magic to your holiday dessert table.
- Over a double boiler, heat the cream and butter together until the butter melts into the cream and begins to simmer.
- Meanwhile, finely chop your chocolate and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour simmering cream and butter over the chopped chocolate and whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and place in the refrigerator to cool and solidify - about 2 hours.
- Scoop out about 2 teaspons worth of the chocolate truffle mixture and place on a baking sheet. Put back in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to make them easier to shape.
- Roll the truffles into balls and then roll the balls in the chopped hazelnuts to coat. Pro tip: coat your hands in cocoa powder to avoid the truffles sticking too much to your hands.
- Optional: melt the additional 1/2 ounce of Nutcracker Brittle to drizzle on top.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy (these truffles will last up to a month.) Enjoy!