Your favorite Father-Daughter Duo is back!
Steve & Olivia are ready to show you how to make Theo Chocolate Rice Cereal Treats. They're easy to make and beyond delicious. It's the perfect activity for you and your little one(s).
2 cups (4 bars) of Theo Pure 45% Milk Chocolate
15 oz bag of marshmallows
1 cup (1 stick) of salted butter
8 cups of rice cereal
½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
2 metal bowls, one small, one large
1 rubber spatula
1 glass loaf pan
1 large pot
Instructions: Makes about 20 cereal treats
- Weigh out all ingredients. Use small metal bowl for milk chocolate. Use large pot for boiling water to make a double boiler. Place small metal bowl over large pot and stir chocolate while water is boiling, stirring continuously. once chocolate is completely melted and warm, you can place bowl on a burner set to lowest setting to keep chocolate warm.
- Next, place 1 cup (1 stick) of butter in large metal bowl. Use double boiler again to melt out butter. Once butter is completely melted, add vanilla extract if desired, then add marshmallows. Stir continuously until marshmallows are melted entirely and butter is fully incorporated. There should be no visible streaks of melted butter.
- When marshmallows are completely melted, add chocolate to large bowl, gradually folding in melted chocolate until fully mixed with melted marshmallows. Mixture should be fully incorporated with no "marbling" or white streaks.
- Next, stir in rice cereal gradually, folding them into marshmallow & chocolate mix, with large metal bowl still on the double boiler to make stirring easier. Once all the rice cereal is folded in, remove from double boiler and pour mixture into butter-lined glass loaf plan.
- Let them set at room temperature for 1 hour (or 15 minutes in the refrigerator). Once they've solidified, cut them up into whatever shape you'd like and you are ready to enjoy!