Level up your frozen treats with this decadent chocolate topping.
Nothing beats a bowl or cone of ice cream on a hot summer day - except one with a rich, chocolaty shell. Add a fun, nostalgic crunch to your next frozen treat with this chocolate shell recipe created by Katy, Product Development Manager at Theo. This dairy-free topping starts as a liquid for easy drizzling and cools into a satisfyingly crunchy shell.
- 1 3oz Theo Chocolate Pure 70% Dark Chocolate bar
- ¼ cup refined* coconut oil
- *Note: using virgin coconut oil will give your chocolate ice cream shell a slight coconut flavor. We suggest refined coconut oil for a more classic chocolate flavor.
- Chop the Pure 70% Dark Chocolate bar into small pieces and place in a small bowl. Add the coconut oil.
- Carefully melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, until the mixture is completely melted and combined.
- Pour the chocolate-coconut mixture over ice cream and enjoy!