Crunchy French bread, melty chocolate & sweet raspberry compote? Chef’s kiss!
We love savory crostini recipes but there is just something so surprising and fun about adding a sweet twist to this classic appetizer. Pair with a pre-dinner cocktail or enjoy as a quick afternoon pick-me-up snack.
Raspberry Compote Ingredients:
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
Chocolate Crostini Ingredients:
- 1 French baguette (cut into diagonal 1/2 inch slices)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pure Sea Salt 70% Dark Chocolate bar (rough chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven heats up, start the raspberry compote. In a small saucepan, add the raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and water and bring to a boil for about 5 mins, stirring often.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush with oil. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While the bread is toasting, reduce the heat to low for the raspberry compote and then let the mixture simmer and thicken for 10 mins.
- Remove the bread from oven; set chocolate chunks evenly over each slice and return to oven until chocolate is just melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place tray back in oven and broil for 20-30 seconds, or until chocolate starts to melt.
- Top each slice with a scoop of raspberry compote and then serve!